The food we eat ever day plays a very important role in our lives. If we want to lose weight we can do that by following certain guidelines related to our food habits.
The best healthy foods for weight loss are:
- Water: The water which is very necessary for us to live occupies a very special place in losing body weight. Water can help a great deal in losing our weight-if we consume foods that contain lots of water like fruits and vegetables. Experts say that the water present in these foods may fill the stomach so one eats less. An ideal strategy would be to add more of these fruits and vegetables which are about 90% water. A person should drink around eight glasses of water on a daily basis. Moreover we should always try to recover the lost water in our body due to dehydration or any other ailment.
- Broccoli: This food is a great source of calcium and fibre. One can try a recipe consisting of Broccoli salad with cashews and sesame dressing. The high content of fibre in broccoli makes you feel full once you eat it.
- Cabbage: This vegetable is rich in anti oxidants like vitamin C. It also helps in strengthening our immune system since it is a good immune booster. One can try this with apples. Nowadays this vegetable is widely used as a base in many Chinese dishes.
- Cauliflower: This amazing food is a fantastic source of foliate and vitamin C .In addition this wonderful vegetable is fully equipped with phytonutrients which play a vital role in protecting the body against cancer. One can ideally try raw cauliflower or steamed florets to enhance the anti oxidant properties.
- Grapefruit: This fruit is ideal for heart health and contains Vitamin C, potassium, folic acid and pectin. These also come in pink and red varieties which are a good source of Vitamin A and lycopene. Inorder to have the fruit which is very juice take the fruit which is bigger in size. These are used in making salad.
- Lettuce: With very low calorie content this is an ideal food for weight loss.Romain lettuce is one great source of vitamin B, folic acid and manganese which helps in taking care of blood sugar and immune system. These also come in dark green and purple colours which contains the maximum nutrition.
- Radish: These are bright in colour and are loaded with potassium, antioxidants, folic acids and sulphur compounds. This helps in the process of digestion. The leaf of this vegetables present at the top contains six times Vitamin C and more calcium than the roots.
- Spinach: This is soft and full of flavour. This leaf is a great source of iron, vitamin K and folic acid. It also contains beta carotenes which are antioxidants essential for fighting the diseases. Besides all these spinach also contains Vitamin C and photochemical lute in which protects our eye. That is why we believe that greenery is good for our eyes. This leafy food is also added to many dishes for improving the flavour.
Thus we see the best healthy foods for weight loss are best in their category.